Friday, May 2, 2008

Quick funny story for you...

So, over the past few days I've been trying very hard to learn and practice the Thai language...I'm very keen on being able to speak a LITTLE bit of Thai. Anyhow, in my desire to speak or answer in Thai as much as possible...I've had a few funny slip ups. I've learned words like "hello" "thank you" "thank the Lord" "very very hot"...anyhow, I was walking out of a store the other day and meant to say "thank you" to the store owner as I was apparently really excited about what I bought...but instead, I bellow out "THANK THE LORD"...Bec quickly ran off, and I stood there looking a little stupid. With 98% of the population here Buddist, it was quite funny.

Well...off to Burma.

Adios!

1 comment:

brenda g. said...

Well thank the Lord that it was thank the Lord that you said!!!!