Saturday, May 24, 2008

"Quotes"

One little secret about me: I love a good quote. I love quotes that take a moment to sink in and digest. I do enjoy funny quotes, but I especially appreciate quotes from invidiuals whom have much Godly wisdom. Individuals such as Piper, A.W. Tozer, MacArthur and the like.

Here are a few of my favs:

"The holiness of God is the most fundamental reality of all. It refers to the reality that God is utterly unique and in a class by himself—that's his set-apartness—none compares with him. There is no other Creator, no other sustainer, no other final measure of good and evil. He is utterly set apart in a class by himself, unequaled, unrivaled, totally underived, absolute in his being and perfection, without beginning or ending or improvement. In a word his holiness is the supremacy of his infinite worth among all that is." John Piper

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"
Jim Elliot

"You can't learn while you're talking" Beth Moore

"To inculate me from the praise of man, He baptized me in the criticism of man, until I died to the control of man" Francis Frangipane

"God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the call."

"The main thing is to keep the Main Thing the main thing" (referring to the Cross)

"God’s holiness is not simply the best we know infinitely bettered. We know nothing like the divine holiness. It stands apart, unique, unapproachable, incomprehensible and unattainable… Holy is the way God is. To be holy He does not conform to a standard. He is that standard" A.W. Tozer

"Hast thou no mercy, rendering none."

No comments: