Well, since I'm not able to be at home with my mom today on mother's day and I've had some time to think about what a wonderful mom I have been blessed with...I thought I'd share a few of these thoughts with y'all.
1) My mom's servant's heart is incredible. She puts everyone before herself daily, without expecting in return. Her desire to serve others and serve at church is encouraging and contagious!!
2) Her humility. To me, humility is knowing our place before God (very low and dependant) and before man (considering ourselves less than them). My mom is a great example of humility for me...
3) Proverbs 31: A Wife a Noble Character. Need I say more? I'll let that speak for itself. Give it a good read...
4) Her continual and unconditional love for me, regardless of the amount of times I screw up and times where I think I'm always right (when I'm not).
5) My mom is hilarious...one of the few people I can bust a gut laughing with. That's so important. Her humour is matchless (although I think I come close sometimes)
6) Her patience. I think she models that for our entire family.
7) Her love for the Lord and discipline in her walk with Christ.
8) When people say "Wow, you're so much like you're mom!!" I take that as a HUGE compliment.
I could go on, but I will stop for now. In Proverbs is says "train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is older, he will not depart from it" (22:6) My mom (and dad too!) did a great job as parents, raising me and directing me in the way I should go...and I pray that I will never depart from those ways.
Hopefully you'll read this sooner than later mom...so HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! Love you!
It's my last day here in Koh Sumai...yesterday was great (and first day I was feeling well). I rented a seadoo for a bit yesterday, so Bec and I had a grand time on that. We of course had to follow that up with a nice Thai massage and a beautiful Italian dinner. Nice life eh? I can't complain!
Ok, I'm off!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Andrea, lovely ode to your Mom. I totally agree, she's pretty special. Can't believe you are coming home already on Friday, glad to hear you are feeling better. I'll look forward to hearing all about your adventures when we see each other sometime over the summer.
Love to Becky,
Patti Sullivan
Post a Comment