Monday, April 14, 2008

A Weekend Synopsis...

Although Friday started off a bit shaky - still suffering a bit from vaccinations for Thailand -- Saturday quickly rolled around and things kicked into high gear. The Saturday evening service at Harvest Oakville was fantastic. Pastor Robbie is doing a series on "Beautiful Salvation, Beautiful Saviour," which is taking the church through Romans 5, and really, I am yet again reminded of what a privilege it is to open God's Word and worship Him. More specifically, the message was on the "Beautiful Love of God", and it absolutely blows my mind how while I was still a sinner, Christ loved me enough to send His only son to die for ME. Insane. Unfathomable. In verse 7 Paul provides a fantastic contrast -- how it's so unlikely that we would die for a 'righteous' person, how we wouldn't dare die for a 'good' person, YET God shows his love for us that while we were still sinners, He died for us (v. 8). WHILE we were still sinners, thus not even a bit good, or even close to righteousness, Christ STILL died for us. Talk about beautiful love eh?
Afterwards, I went to a super fun wedding shower for a good friend from the good ol' MBC days. It's always so nice meeting up with these girls who I don't get to see that often, yet still able to pick up right where we left off. The wedding in this coming Saturday, and I'm STOKED. It'll be the first wedding I attend that's actually for a good friend of mine.
This evening I was able to meet up with an aunt of mine and my grandparents at Milestones for a sweet dinner...always sweeter too when someone else is footing the bill. ha! Always a pleasure seeing them though. I truly have an incredible family.
Tonight was also young adults night at Harvest, also a great time. Solid teaching and a great time of worship, not too mention the stellar fellowship.
All in all, great weekend!

And hey, random quote for ya: "You can't learn while you're talking". This is a good one for me, as it always seems way easier for me to blab on than to actually listen and just quiet myself.

Only two exams to go until I receive that piece of paper I've worked four years for!

Livin' for eternity,
A

No comments: